[78-L] Morey Amsterdam on Sunset

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 08:10:01 PDT 2009

Below is a summary of Morey Amsterdam recordings.  THANKS to all who
contributed.
I would like to hear the Sunset sides - so if someone is  willing to post
them or send
an mp3 it would be appreciated.
THANKS!
Best wishes, Thomas.

MOREY AMSTERDAM
14 December 1908, Chicago, Illinois
27 October 1996, Los Angeles, California

??????????????
Sunset 1140 (No Master Numbers)    ca. 1925
Morey Amsterdam
Side A-Show Me The Way to Go Home (King)
Side B- If You Didn't Care (Amsterdam)

1946
CROWN Album No. 4: MOREY AMSTERDAM PARTY ALBUM
	             with Sammy Fidler & His Quintet
CR 114A (BL 38) YOUR BABY HAS GONE DOWN THE DRAINPIPE
CR 114B (BL 37) HOW DOES IT FEEL
CR 115A (BL 39) MELODRAMA
CR 115B (BL 34) WITH HIS WONDERFUL IRISH BROGUE (Weston-Lee-Norworth)
CR 116A (BL 36) TRUE MON TRUE
CR 116B (BL 35) SALOON (Whiting-Loeb)
	--all others composed by Amsterdam or with others

1947
LISSEN Album 200: MEET MOREY AMSTERDAM
	            with Joel Herron's Orchestra
LR 105	I CAN'T GET OFFA MY HORSE
LR 107	NO WONDER SHE'S A BLUSHING BRIDE (Dubin-Ike-Mills)

LR 110	MY WIFE COOKS SO GOOD
LR 108	I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR PHONE CALL (Cohen-Hillebrand)

LR 109	UGLY WILL FROM UGLYVILLE
LR 106	WHY OH WHY DID I EVER LEAVE WYOMING

Apollo 1095           10" 78rpm         MARCH 1948 (rec.between  sep2-Nov30
1947)
 No Money (Is a Very Sorry Thing)  AP-3172
 Yuk-a-Puk
Morey Amsterdam
Sammy Fidler's Orchestra.

Apollo 1127
 Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
 (I'm Sick and Tired of You) Little Darlin'
Morey Amsterdam
Sammy Fidler's Orchestra.

1951
RCA Victor Set K-54                  4-10" 78rpm      1951
RCA LK 1000                            12"-LP         1951
Selections from "Guys & Dolls"(Frank Loesser)
Vocals by Audrey Marsh, Morey Amsterdam, Donald Richards, Ray Charles
Al Goodman and his orchestra
The Guild Choristers.
Program notes by Leonard Raphael on (LP) container.
45-0091  "Sue Me"-vocal Morey Amsterdam.

IS THIS ALSO ON 45RPM  RCA  52-0106 ?????

1953-1954
with
Milton DeLugg's Orchestra.

December 28/53:
53-S-619-11	I Wish I Was a Peanut Stand
53-S-621-6	Somebody Bad Stole de Wedding Bell
	both on MGM (E) 734, MGM-SP 1086
53-S-620 is an unissued Joel Grey side!
53-S-622 is unissued "Crying Polka" with Ray Charles Singers..sounds like an
Amsterdam tune, doesn't it? Especially since it was redone on the next
session.

February 10/54:
54-S-86-5	Mood Hollywood (unissued) (take 7 same, instrumental, unissued)
54-S-87-7	The Little Blue Coupe (unissued)
54-S-89-4	Hullabaloo Kalfer Dofer (MGM 11723)

54-S-88	- Crying Polka (MGM 11710) vocal by Happy Francey Lane & The Ray
Charles Singers, no Morey listed

March 22/54:
54-S-141-5	Oh That'll Be Joyful (MGM 11723) with Happy Francey Lane
	(The Four Lads also recorded this)
54-S-142-5	Zone 5 (unissued)
54-S-143-3	Roller Coaster (unissued)
	last two may be instrumentals, as Milton DeLugg's Orchestra

1956
COLUMBIA  40734               78rpm; 45RPM
COLLECTORS CHOICE  CCM-371-2  Second Banana Symphony (Amsterdam, Art Carney,
Red Buttons)     CD   1993
 CHEESE AND CRACKERS
 CALLIOPE PETE

????
MARSH  MLP101M           12"-LP                       19??
EMI/STARLINE 129         12"-LP
 FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK!
 IMPOSSIBLE INTERVIEWS WITH MOREY AMSTERDAM

SIGNATURE SM-1023                 12"-LP  c.1960
YUK-A-PUK
Morey Amsterdam, singer, narrator ; with instrumental and vocal acc.
Program notes by performer on container.
 A man's best friend is his nose (2:50)
 Drunks Inc. (6:57)
 The baby down the drainpipe (2:31)
 Onions & enchiladas (6:34)
 Yuk-a-puk (2:45)
 My psychiatrist says (6:49)
 Sweet Molly O'Toole (3:13)
 I wonder what a baby thinks about (3:47).

ROULETTE  25196              1963
COLLECTORS CHOICE MUSIC CCM 201     CD 2009
NEXT ONE WILL KILL YOU
Morey Amsterdam

GOLDEN LP 164                 1965
UNCLE MOREY'S Mixed up stories for SMART KIDS
Milton De Lugg
1. The Three Little Pigs
2. Jokes
3. Carmen
4. The Grasshopper and the Ant
5. Cinderella
6. Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves
7. Jokes
8. Bo Peep
9. Jokes
10. Rip Van Winkle

Longines Symphonette Society LS210A (SYS 5277-5281)  5-LP box  1971
The golden age of comedy 50 years of great humor.
Host: George Burns
 Morey Amsterdam - ???  title, source, date ??????????????????????

Longines SYS-5282.  The Kings of Comedy, narrated by George Burns.
"A Rare Cavalcade of Timeless Entertainment starring Over 40 Comedy Greats
at Their Uproarious Best."
  Bob Hope, Pat Paulsen, Barry Goldwater (interview), Will Rogers, David
Frye, Carl Reiner & Mel Brooks, Hal Holbrook (as Mark Twin), Pat McCormick,
Mike Nichols & Elaine May, George Burns & Gracie Allen, Shelley Berman, Bud
Abbott & Lou Costello, Morey Amsterdam, Bert Gordon (as The Mad Russian),
Godfrey Cambridge, Pete Barbutti, Allan Sherman, Norm Crosby, Molly (of
Fibber McGee & Molly), Jackie Gleason, Orson Bean, Kenny Delmar (as Senator
Claghorn), Ed Wynn, Jack Pearl (as Baron Munchausen), Milt Kamen, Jack Benny
(with Gracie Allen), Ernie Kovacs, Jonathan Winters, Ed Gardner (of Duffy's
Tavern), Leonard Barr, Moms Mabley, Stiller & Meara, Sid Caesar, Don Ameche
& Frances Langford (as the Bickersons), Smith & Dale, George Gobel, Joan
Rivers, The Smothers Brothers, Victor Borge, Harry Hershfield, WC Fields,
Woody Woodbury, Charlie McCarthy & WC Fields, Red Skelton

Laugh.com  UPC:  80129 11099 2 8     CD 2005
Buddy Lester's Their Favorite Joke
1. Dale Robertson
2. Joey Bishop
3. Bob Newhart
4. Red Foxx
5. Phyllis Diller
6. Don Rickles
7. Peter Lind Hayes
8. Red Buttons
9. George Burns
10. Joan Rivers
11. Charlie Callas
12. Efram Zimbalist Jr.
13. Telly Savales
14. Rodney Dangerfield
15. Jerry Lewis
16. Pat Buttram
17. Buddy Hackett
18. Debbie Reynolds
19. Mel Torme 1
20. Anson Williams
21. Ralph Kiner
22. Peter Marshall
23. Sonny Schyler
24. Rose Marie
25. Billy Barty
26. Sammy Davis Jr.
27. Pat Cooper
28. Lonnie Shore
29. Mel Torme 2
30. Vincent Price
31. David Brenner
32. Dennis James
33. Jack Albertson
34. MacLaine Stevenson
35. George Gobel
36. Ruth Buzzi
37. George Jessel
38. Morey Amsterdam    ???  title, source, date ??????????????????????
39. Bobby Van
40. Joe Williams
41. Jim Stafford
42. Davey Pearl