[78-L] ^some guys have all the luck

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jun 8 01:42:36 PDT 2009

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Hey..back in the 70s, when the Global Television Network came on the
> air out of Toronto and was actually doing original programming (huh?
> wha' dat?), there was a daily dose of current affairs satire featuring
> Don Harron (Charlie Farquharson's alter ego) called "Sh..It's The News".
dl

Leah has just informed me that Britney Spears' current song is "If You
Seek Amy".  Say it slowly.

By the way, last week we stumbled across a satellite channel RFD-TV
which airs full hour versions of Hee-Haw which keeps them in their
original format length.  It was the first time Leah had seen it in its
original version rather than disjointed clips, and the first time she
has seen Farquharson.  It was interesting watching the different brands
of color TV cameras used in the two or three facilities that were used
for the program -- they taped in half-season groupings of all of the
same scenes at the same time, and then edited it together.  One studio
used RCA TK-41s and the other studio seemed to use Norelco PC-70s, but
there was a cut in musical number from Loretta Lynn that seemed to be
from another location that was using a GE or other camera.  Right now
there is a mid-60s color Password on Game Show Network from NYC that
used Norelco cameras, and the first color episodes of this season that
were aired last month were done in California on RCA TK 41s and there is
a big difference.  (A month or so ago Leah and I were at the annual
convention at the Early Television Museum in Ohio where there was a
session about early color TV cameras.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com