[78-L] TONY train wreck

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jun 7 19:03:07 PDT 2009

We're watching and recording it on both a digital converter box and
Leah's Time-Warner cable on WCBS-TV NYC.  The digital box is giving it
to us in widescreen, but on cable we get it full screen with the sides
cropped like David is getting.  The digital box's sync is OK but the
cable box might be giving us a slight delay.  Sync is usually an
external problem because digital does not exist in any real-time form
due to all sorts of encoding and decodnig, and the audio never has the
same amount of time delay as the picture, and always has to be re-synced
all along the signal path.

The audio problems are very evident to us viewers, but other than that
noisy wirless mic at the start of "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat" I
doubt the celebs in the audience noticed.

And I thoroughly disagree about Neil Patrick Harris.  I think he is
doing a great job, far, far better than schlubs like David Letterman.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com