[78-L] ^some guys have all the luck

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jun 6 21:50:19 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr." <citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net>
> Bud Black wrote:
>> In Charlie Daniel's recording of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia," the
>> line
>> near the end of the song goes, "I told you once you (beep), I'm the best
>> there ever was."  I've always assumed the "beep" covered up the words "
>> son-of-a-bitch" since the meter of the line would indicate this.  Is
>> there a
>> recording somewhere that has the beeped phrase left intact?  Or, how
>> about
>> Johnny Cash's recording of "A Boy Named Sue," where he sings a line that
>> goes, "I'm the (beep) that named you Sue?"  Sounds to me like the same
>> epitaph was covered up here.
> I have heard both of these intact.
> Not to out do, there is a horrible song being plugged on the C&W
> stations right now by Dixie Chicks stand-in (since their politically
> induced purge from the playboxes) Sugarland, (sh) "It Happens".

It is my current plan to create, and one hopes sell, T-shirts bearing
the legend "faeces eventuate" (with the "ae" character that would be
eaten by Ron's deMIMErizer?!) in an appropriate font...!

After all, it is a relatively impressive, pseudo-elegant, method of
expressing one of the truths of life...eh?!

...stevenc