[78-L] Speaking of Polkas - the Dana label

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 6 09:03:32 PDT 2009

As I mentioned in my last email, I grew up listening to 78s on the
Dana label.  I'm wondering if anyone has any background on the lab or
knows where I can find a discography of it. As far as I know it was
owned by a guy named Walt Dana, and did survived long enough to issue
45s and lps. I don't however know of any compilations of its material
after it closed up, so I wonder who owners the rights, and if any of
the material is PD (ah that question again!)

Tony