[78-L] some guys have all the luck, and in training.

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Jun 5 20:20:47 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Rice" <bobrice at snet.net>

Most of my more recent purchases these days have been 78's in "job lots"...
bunches of several hundred, bought for $50 to $175...! In one case (the
largest bunch) they came complete with milk boxes (thanxes muchly to DL
for the ride home...78's and all!!)! Found about 50 78's at the local "Sally
Ann"...nothing incredibly memorable, but a lot of "gaps filled" in my quest
for EF78REM!

I'm waiting to see if my (suspected) source for a 3-mil diamond needle
of the Astatic-n8 variety can provide same...in the meantime I have two
2-mil diamond n8's ordered from Astatic Canada (I used to buy n8-3d's
from their Scarborough,ON operation for $3 each...minimum purchase
six needles...that was then, and this...!)

I shall see if the usual batches of VERY miscellaneous 78's still appear
at CAPS-meeting auctions...at this point, I'm interested in ANY 78rpm
phonorecord of which I don't own an example, with a particular interest
in the otherwise-unwanted multi-track 78's of the forties/fifties, needed
for discographic research! Consider that gazillion (+/-) of musicians and
vocalists made these recordings...for minimal money and even LESS
fame...I'm trying to establish details on how these recordings were
issued...!

...stevenc