[78-L] Polkas eliminated as a Grammy category -- to be replaced by Lituanian Thrash Metal Band of the Year Award category

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 13:52:58 PDT 2009

A Grammy award category for Polkas?

It's no wonder that people don't take the Grammys seriously and that the awards convey the appearance of a bunch of industry types patting one another on the back in a love-fest of self-congratulatory narcissism.

One hundred and twenty categories for Grammy awards is at least 100 too many, and is probably 105 too many.

And when you have a category, like the Polka, where you've got a total of 20 entrants, the folks who run the Grammys succeed in making themselves look like the bunch of fools they are.

If the folks who run the Grammys really tried I bet they could find 20 Lithuanian thrash metal bands they could use to create yet another awards category.

Just my $0.02 worth, as always.

Tom