[78-L] Fw: Battle-free zone

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Fri Jun 5 09:42:27 PDT 2009

Thanks to everyone who has shared info about Battle: the person and the
pseud.
Here is a repeat of my post from last night that didn't make it thru the
78-L censor
----- Forwarded by Stephen Davies/Academic/MRC on 2009-06-05 10:38 -----

Stephen Davies/Academic/MRC
2009-06-04 22:59

78-l at klickitat.78online.com
cc

Subject
Battle-free zone

Waaah! You sunk my Battle-disc!

Thanks to David L for the various catalogue #s, depending on which label
was carrying the disc that my copy attributes to Rex Battle.
Now I can see all those numbers on the run off, which is weird to have
them simultaneously on the same edition

<<<
I think Rust identifies it as the Bar Harbor Society Orchestra (Banner
1525 etc).
Actual matrix numbers should be 5890-1 and 5891-1, as well as 2626-1 and
2627-1
(presumably split among Banner, Domino, Emerson and Regal). 21053 is
another
Apex issue number (Domino Canada). Sterling 10000 is yet another Compo
issue
number.

There is a hand-written 2626-1 & 2627-1 etched in the run off.

I've often wondered how a record label can license a master and insert
their own catalogue #s in the wax.  Is it possible that this disc
accumulated its many catalogue numbers as a result of having gone thru a
series of pressings under various identities?  And no one bothered to
obliterate the last catalogue # before adding a new one?

- Stephen D
Calgary