[78-L] Apollo, was Sam Levenson

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jun 5 07:06:01 PDT 2009

From: Tyrone Settlemier <talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net>
> However, just before I left on vacation I finished the Apollo
> listings for the Online Discographical Project.  These will
> be available online in early July.

Don't forget to include Apollo 200 in your online discography.  Did you
have info on that record before I gave it?  Nobody else seems to know
about it.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

> Yes, the 1000 series was a pop series, as opposed to their Jazz (750) series and their Rhythm/Gospel (350) series.  Does anyone know what they called their 100 series?  It was a mish-mash of gospel, Yiddish, country, pop, etc.  I'm working without any of my notes, so apologies.        Tyrone

--- On Thu, 6/4/09, you wrote:

Morey Amsterdam also recorded for Apollo. I have "No Money (Is a Very
Sorry Thing)" b/w "Yuk-a-Puk" on disc # 1095, which was apparently a pop
series. The only other Apollo I have with a four digit number is one of
Dean Martin's earliest records, "Oh! Marie" b/w "Walkin' My Baby Back
Home" on 1088.