[78-L] Rex Battle, or not?

James Tennyson jtennyson at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 5 06:09:50 PDT 2009

Did somebody respond to this already..if not you'll have to excuse my foggy
mind. It was always my understanding that  Battle's name was used because of
the publicity value his radio exposure.   He was broadcast from the hotel
where he played ..I think...dinner music with a small group...  and I THINK
I've been told that it wasn't really dance music at all, but rather a Salon
Orchestra thingy.  It was an instrumental ensemble: piano, cello,
violin...that kind of thing.   The publicity value of his name from radio
was kind of like the  rationale behind the Rominelli Orchestra Edison's of
1929,  which I understand aren't the Rominelli Orchestra at all.

Jim
Message: 6