[78-L] Sam Levenson was Yiddish Home on the range, soon to be totally off topic ^

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:53:14 PDT 2009

David,

Joke understood. My dad is still very much here.....eighty-seven and still
going strong. He is a real music lover, and a real character. When I was a
boy, I wore out his 78 album of Heifetz playing Gershwin. He finally had
enough and asked me why I liked that album. Apparently he hated it when he
first bought it years before I was born.

BUT, he loved big bands, Morton Gould (After Dark), Victor Young, Johnny
Mercer, Mickey Katz and Michel Legrand, and I heard all of this music by the
time I was five.

Jeff Sultanof