[78-L] Sam Levenson was Yiddish Home on the range

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:04:08 PDT 2009

The album on Signature sparks one of my early memories. My father brought
this album home, explained to my brother and I that Levinson was a
comedian/personality he really enjoyed, really built him up, and then put
this record on. The album is a series of talks on juvenile delinquancy, and
once we heard about one minute of it and realized that this was, in fact, a
serious album, dad immediately took it off the phonograph, muttered a few
words, and it disappeared for many years until I dug it out when I was a
teenager and just beginning to collect records. It was then that I finally
listened to the whole thing. I sold my copy years ago.

Jeff Sultanof