[78-L] Sam Levinson, was yiddish Home on the Range

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Thu Jun 4 17:33:04 PDT 2009

I'm still digging through all my newly acquired records,  don't have any Sam
Levinson, but just came across  two  more  pretty interesting records,  on
LP,  and I have not listened to them:

There's Harry Golden, on a Vanguard label.  and   Gertrude Berg on the Amy
label.  Her  albukm is titled How to be a Jewish Mother, a very lovely
training manual by Dan Greenburg.  It has to be next on my turntable. I
remember  the Gertrude Berg show on early television,  wait a minute, was it
called the Goldbergs?  I  can still see  Molly hanging out the window,
yoo-hoo-ing  a neighbor for a chat.
Jim Whipkey

> Message: 15
> Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 09:14:52 -0400
> From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Sam Levenson   was Yiddish Home on the range
> To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> I believe that's it! I know I have all four.
>
> I'm trying to think of who else might have done Yiddish material on
Apollo.
> There's one disc by Fyvush Finkel..
>
> dl
>
> Thomas Stern wrote:
> > digging a little, found 4 Apollo 10"-78rpm discs, and 1 LP   ARE THERE
OTHER