[78-L] Yiddish Home on the range

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jun 4 14:40:16 PDT 2009

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>

From: "I. Cubillo" <i.cubillo at telefonica.net>
> Aaahhh... that's it!
> I didn't know about Mickey Katz, except for the fact that
> this name rings a bell.. Is Mickey Katz related to the
> movie/great musical show CABARET? Could this be the
> connection that rang a bell in my mind?
> Joel Grey was great in Cabaret!     Iñigo Cubillo

One of Mickey Katz's last albums was the recording of his traveling show
"Hello Solly".  He might have done something with Joel concerning
Caberet, they did do some performing together.  And that book "Papa Play
For Me" is wonderful.

Katz supplies the glugs in Spike's "Cocktails For Two", and also for
Pinto Colvig's Bozo record "Filbert the Frog", one of the greatest
records of all time.  It's not quite the same as "One Froggy Evening"
but might have led to it.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com