[78-L] "Harold Richards" on Clarion

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Thu Jun 4 02:31:00 PDT 2009

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> Interesting...it doesn't sound like the voice I recall on  the Harold Van
> Emburgh records I have on which he gets label credit...guess I should try
> them again to see if it matches.

Interesting... Could it be that the man could sing in different registers or
ways? Like a pretty copy of Irving K., who sang as he wanted to. There are
lots of records outta dere with Kaufman singing as himself, or imitating
other voices, sometimes like a tenor, sometimes like a baritone. Have you
listened to his "imitations" of Al Jolson's style? The Harmonys of Chloe, or
The Spell Of The Blues are among my favorites.

Iñigo Cubillo