[78-L] Yiddish Home on the Range

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Wed Jun 3 20:46:01 PDT 2009

> I'm sure this has been covered before,  but Mickey Katz's son grew up to
be
> musical star Joel Grey.
>
> Taylor B

I  must have been asleep when it was covered,  glad you mentioned it,
Taylor.

Andrea, Yes, I love Katz too, have some Spike Jones records with him and
love Mel Blanc too. Is it true Mel's tombstone  says  Th-th-th-that's all
folks?

I've  looked at all the labels I got, and listened to  a  fair amount today.
Probably got 200 records,  a lot I will cherish and dozens I  need to
unload, it was an estate auction for a Jewish doctor,  and there are  dozens
of LPs,  never opened, of  Yiddish singers and musicians I don't know, from
a supplier I don't know.  For example, one  box,  which had never been
opened,  has 5  LPs, it came from Louis Stavsky Co, INC, religious supplies
& books, Jewish Music and record shop, 147 Essex St. NY. The records are:
Cantor Berele Chagy; A concert with the Great Cantors: Masterworks of the
Yiddish Theater, Volume 1: The Art of Henry Rosenblatt: Shlomo Carlebach in
Live Concert. If these have any significance to any members of our list,
I'll be happy to send them for the price of shipping and couple dollars  I
paid for them.
Jim Whipkey

> >> are

Got