[78-L] New records in the jukebox

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jun 2 20:01:56 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lichtman" <jeff at swazoo.com>
>I have put a new set of records in my web jukebox. This month's theme
> is jazz, and the performers are Duke Ellington, the Mills Blue Rhythm
> Band, John Kirby, Barney Bigard, Coleman Hawkins, Jess Stacy, Rod
> Cless and Teddy Hill.

As it happens, all the selections were p.d. up here in Canada...where the
current copyright law makes any sound recording fixed before 1/1/1959
non-copyrighted! Therefore, I can quite legally save the files (unless RIAA
wants to take the issue to the United Nations...?!).

In fact, you might want to figure out how to operate your "jukebox" up
here in Canada...?!

...stevenc