[78-L] Record ID help needed?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun May 31 19:43:09 PDT 2009

Whilst digging through a milk box marked as "CCC1" (NO idea WHICH
CCC...?!) and entering the contents in MS Access...I found THIS!!

Columbia J993...the label content appears to have been directly copied
from its US Of A counterpart (wonder how they did THAT in 1930?!)
and the label design is the US "Viva-Tonal"label version. US stampers
were used...also, note that the "label blank" was a copy of the US
label, while the credits are NOT in the US font!

The record says SFA about the country in which it was issued! Is this
(as I suspect) a Japanese-Columbia issue?

And, if so...one wonders how much interest there was in Japan (or
wherever) in NON-hit couplings of tunes? Apparently, enough to
warrant shipping the stampers there and running off however-many
records?!

Odd, given that English was still FAR from its current universality...?!

...stevenc