[78-L] Neo- Bechstein piano

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sat May 30 08:57:39 PDT 2009

I could never see the reasoning for a 1/4 tone piano except as an
experiment. Without using at least two foot pedals to shift the action
mechanically up or down the harp (which holds the strings) the player
could not play an octave (a sexthtave??) with a hand span, as on a
"normal" piano.
The instrument certainly isn't going to revolutionize western music.
You want 1/4 tones? Learn the sitar! Far more versatile.
Mal

*******