[78-L] Neo- Bechstein piano

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Fri May 29 05:32:05 PDT 2009

Just for fun... On Wednesday, when I found those 12" 78s by Bela Bartok, I also bought another rare beast.

NEO-BECHSTEIN PLATTE, C. Bechstein Pianoforte-Fabrik A. G., Berlin
Bestell-Nr. 1003
Made in Germany

Matrix 18746 (T 5015) Signed by an engineer as "Fu.- 4."
Was kann so schön sein
Engl. Waltz aus dem Tonfilm: Gitta endtdeckt ihr Herz
(Musik: Brodszky)
Waldemar Padwa, am Neo-Bechstein-Flügel

Matrix 18745 (T 5015) (sic) Signed by an engineer as "Fu.- 4."
Electric
Erster Original-Neo-Bechstein-Flügel komponiert und gespielt von Waldemar Padwa.

Seems that the Neo-Bechstein was a certain sort of electric piano invented by Bechstein in 1932 or 33.

Any comments?

Iñigo Cubillo