[78-L] Capitolians on CD or mp3

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 28 19:24:27 PDT 2009

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:

> So, is there a discography?

I can't even find the Capitolians listed in Rust or the Columbia Master Books
to cross-reference. The record I referred to (California Ramblers: Tip-Toe
Through the Tulips) is Harmony 947-H and listed also as Special Record 1047-P,
Paramount Publix 1074-P, Metro Goldwyn Mayer 1074-P (I have all of these except
Special Record, as far as I know) but only the M-G-M calls the band the
Capitolians. Several other Ramblers recordings through 1929 are listed in Rust
as appearing on -P issues. Rust doesn't indicate pseudonyms for any of them so
it's possible that some are as The Capitolians..but they're still the
California Ramblers in this context.