[78-L] A strange Brunswick...

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu May 28 15:20:35 PDT 2009

While looking through my "shellac archive" and trying to list my holdings,
I ran across this...?!

It's a copy of Brunswick 6527...a Duke Ellington disc; HOWEVER,
this one has the SAME "side" on both physical sides of the record!
Both sides are "Drop Me Off At Harlem"...B13081A! I haven't
yet verified this duplication by playing it...but both have the same
matrix in the "wax," and other visible items are duplicated as well!

Anybody have any idea why/how such a disc was pressed? It seems
too early for jukebox use?! Also, there is nothing non-standard about
or on the labels?!

It seems to me to be unlikely to be pressed thusly in error...although
it could have been some sort of test item...?! Has anyone out there
in Radio-land run across a similar record of that vintage?!

...stevenc