[78-L] Columbia record?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 28 14:17:38 PDT 2009

With that prefix, it would probably have been intended to be a Brunswick issue
c. 1939-40. And the 1942 Columbia catalog lists 18 sides by the Columbia
Military Band, all in the 357xx series except 36034. Titles or red Columbia
catalog number would help.

Incidentally, the Brunswick Salon Orchestra (etc) sides were reissued as
Columbia Salon Orchestra on US red label but remained as Brunswick Salon
Orchestra on green label in Canada through the 40s.

dl