[78-L] Scotty's Radio

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 26 15:04:00 PDT 2009

Lowell Fulson was born in Oklahoma City and did most of his recording in
California.  He also recorded 78s for Big Town, Gilt Edge, Swing Time, Down
Beat, Trilon, Swing, Down Town, RPM, Colonial, Aladdin, Elko, Cash,
Hollywood, Parrot, and Checker.  I really like his version of "Everyday (I
Have the Blues)" on Swing Time. It's a nice counterpoint to the versions by
BB King and Count Basie/Joe Williams.