[78-L] New kid on the block

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Tue May 26 03:36:13 PDT 2009

Welcome, kid!

Iñigo Cubillo
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Shaffer" <mkshffr at yahoo.com>
To: <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:18 PM
Subject: [78-L] New kid on the block

> Hello I just joined the group. I got a link to this group from a post on
Audio Karma. I will probably just be lurking for a while as I am not (yet) a
serious collector. I am quite excited however as I have a GE VR series
cartridge on the way which seems a perfect fit for my Dad's old Thorens
TD-124 and GE tonearm.
> At first an older (in home theater terms) Onkyo HT receiver will provide
the preamp and main amplification until I finish building my vacuum tube
integrated amplifier. Or I may end up with it set up in my bedroom system
with the 70s vintage Sony STR-V4.
> The table hasn't been used in about 20 years so some tune up may be
necessary but I have had a bunch of Grandpa's 78 in storage for years and I
am anxious to give them a listen.