[78-L] Multi-track 78's...

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 22:34:19 PDT 2009

Here's one for Steve:  the skinny on Royale 4M8, a 78 EP from circa
1952 I have, with two songs per side, all credited to 'Hugh Ashley and
His Orchestra'.

Side 1, mx 4M-8A:

1:  'Rotation blues'  -Stewart, Powell-
2:  'Crying heart blues'  -J. Brown-

Side 2, mx 4M-8B:

1:  'If teardrops were pennies'  -Carl Butler-
2:  'Mister Moon'  -Smith, Inman, Lynn-

According to Hugh Ashley, here's the personnel:

RED GALE  mandolin, vocals
PAT GREESON  bass, vocals
ART WHITE  violin, vocals
UPTON HORN  vocals
HUGH ASHLEY  standard and steel guitars, vocals

Recorded at a radio station in Little Rock (can't recall the call
letters he told me).