[78-L] Ruby are you Mad at Your Man

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Sun May 24 12:26:46 PDT 2009

Interesting, but I just listened to the Buck Owens version and there's not
much there to qualify it as a story song either.  Looking at the other
titles in the "Kentucky Mountain Ballads" album, only a few look like they
might be story songs. For instance TURKEY IN THE STRAW doesn't tell much of
a story.  (It also looks like it has more of a Mississippi origin than
Kentucky anyway).
I think they must have been using yet another definition of "ballad" for
this collection.
RayK