[78-L] Admin message^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri May 22 19:39:37 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Royal Pemberton" <ampex354 at gmail.com>
> Funny thing, I remember seeing a misprint in a Christmas carol
> collection some years ago where it was titled 'Away in a manager'!
> (But I also wondered if an L was missing in that earlier post, so it
> should have stated LIST MANGLER!  ;-))
> On 5/22/09, Julian Vein <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> I. Cubillo wrote:
>>> Uh uh uuuuh !!!
>>> So Ron is the LIST MANGER ???? I thought he used to administrate the
>>> list

Okeh, folkses...

A "MANGER" is a stall intended for the livestock (farm animals) as
sleeping quarters. The reference is to the biblical account of Jesus'
birth...suggesting his humble roots...?! It has SFA to do with any
"managers" (whose behaviour is almost ALWAYS NON-biblical)?!

As noted, the addition of an "L" makes the word "mangler"...meaning
either someone who "mangles" (i.e. destroys, tears apart, usw...or
uses a "mangle" [an old laundry/ironing device]...?!).

Sheep thrills, one supposes...?!

...stevenc