[78-L] Orpheum Record - Greek label inquiry

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Fri May 22 18:21:58 PDT 2009

I need some help on the history of this label.  Any Greek record collectors out there??  Today I found a dozen or so Greek records at a tag sale.  A few odd labels and one of them happened to be a vertical cut record, Orpheum Record.  What a surprise when I tried to play it!  Having an interest in U.S. vertical cut brands this is really intriquing to find one I've never seen or heard of before.  Here's the page where the label image is:

http://www.majesticrecord.com/labelso.htm

Labels are alphabetical so scroll down near the end.
Anyone know of the history of this.  Who pressed them?  I have my guesses.
Anyone have any of these that can share with me what they own?

One other odd label I found was Panhellenion which is on the "P" page if anyone's interested.

http://majesticrecord.com/labelsp.htm

Thanks,
Glenn