[78-L] Steinweiss and illustrated album covers

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu May 21 10:35:28 PDT 2009

Al, I don't understand what you are listing these albums for.  Every
single one of these were DESIGNED BY Steinweiss!  The discussion is
about the history of the illustrated album cover BEFORE Steinweiss.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com

From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>

O.K. How about:
"Rhapsody In Blue" Oscar Levant w/ Phil. Orch.Eugene Ormandy - Columbia
MX
251
"Ballad For Americans" Paul Robeson w/ Nat Shilkret, Conductor - Victor
P-20

Others are listed and illustrated on the inside back cover of the
Gershwin
Columbia album:

These may already have been posted and if so I apologize
.
Brahms Symphony No. 4 Phila Orch. Ormandy Sets M-MM567
Offenbach:Gaite Parisienne-London Phil. Sets X-MX 115
Grieg-Peer Gynt Suite-Beecham-London-Sets X-MX 180
Lalo-Symphonie Espagnole-Miltein w/ Phil;a. Ormandy Sets M-MM 564

Several more.
I can list upon request. All WW II releases OPA Ceiling Prices are
listed.

Al Simmons