[78-L] Steinweiss and illustrated album covers

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Thu May 21 08:45:54 PDT 2009

O.K. How about:
"Rhapsody In Blue" Oscar Levant w/ Phil. Orch.Eugene Ormandy - Columbia MX
251
"Ballad For Americans" Paul Robeson w/ Nat Shilkret, Conductor - Victor P-20

Others are listed and illustrated on the inside back cover of the Gershwin
Columbia album:

These may already have been posted and if so I apologize
.
Brahms Symphony No. 4 Phila Orch. Ormandy Sets M-MM567
Offenbach:Gaite Parisienne-London Phil.  Sets X-MX 115
Grieg-Peer Gynt Suite-Beecham-London-Sets X-MX 180
Lalo-Symphonie Espagnole-Miltein w/ Phil;a. Ormandy Sets M-MM 564

Several more.
I can list upon request. All WW II releases  OPA Ceiling Prices are listed.

Al Simmons