[78-L] If anyone has $400 to spare...

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Wed May 20 09:14:44 PDT 2009

"Limited to 1,500 individually numbered copies, each signed by the artist Alex Steinweiss in his distinctive Steinweiss Scrawl , printed on archival-quality paper and presented in a custom slipcase."

Yikes. I'm happy that he's still alive to enjoy some recognition. There was a long period, up until about a decade ago, when pioneers like Steinweiss and Flora were ignored. I can even remember reading a long time ago in a book that The Beatles were "the first" to use artistic covers on their albums; this is of course only true if you believe the universe sprang fully formed out of Elvis's brow, as most rock'n'roll writers at one did.

But $500 list is painful, even for a signature. It looks cool, though; it looks like a 78 album cover.