[78-L] Jewish recordings.

Joel Bresler joel.br at verizon.net
Wed May 20 06:36:55 PDT 2009

Dear friends:

It's been a busy morning, I have not yet finished my coffee but have managed
to already confuse members of two different mailing lists. Oh, well.

Anyway, Ron L was good enough to contact me a few days ago about some
recordings and I tried to help him find them a home. The details are below.
Anyone interested could contact him off list.

Now you all know he's a mensch...

Best,

Joel

The original post, to the other list:

A friend has asked if there would be any takers for two Jewish records he
put up on ebay that didn't sell. He wants them to go where they will be
appreciated, and wants to keep them out of his basement. So they are going
for the cost of shipping.

probably from the early 1920s, Label information is given in English and
Hebrew.

5512 is by Cantor Josef Rosenblatt, accompanied by Organ, Cello and Flute.
Side A is "Elokay Neshomo" (Jehovah, The Soul Thou Gavest Me is Pure).  This
side has a small area that looks like a scuff or manufacturing defect that
does not make noticable noise on playback. Side B is "Shomer Israel"
(Guardian of Israel)  This side has one line shaped minor scuff/scratch that
does not sound during playback.  I listened using a GE RPX cartridge.
Rosenblatt is listed as being Cantor at First Hung. Cong. Ohab Zedek. Would
that be Hungarian Congregation?

Disk 68576 is by Mordechay (Mordechai) Hershman., Vilna State Cantor.  Side
A is "Borcha Adonoi Bayom", (Blessed Be the Lord). He is accompanied by
Organ and Violin  Thre are two extremely light, small scuffs on this side.
Otherwise it looks perfect.  Side B is "Brich Shmei" (Blessed Be The Name),
on which he is accompanied by Organ, Violin and Choir.   Other than a small
manufacturing defect, a circular bleb, it is perfect looking as well. The
defect does not make any noticeable sound on playback."

Joel Bresler, Publisher
www.sephardicmusic.org
250 E. Emerson Road
Lexington, MA 02420
United States

1-781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
joel.br at verizon.net
IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:
joelbresler-at-gmail.com