[78-L] Mills Brothers song

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Tue May 19 08:21:40 PDT 2009

Well... to have a flip-over stylus would be an extra commodity. As far as
those beasts have a standard modern headshell (one of those so easy to
change), and keeping in mind that we usually put on special cartridges for
78s and different ones for LPs or microgrooves, it doesn't seem so bad to me
the way they're doing it. Me myself acquired a RELOOP TT 78-capable, with
sliding speed adjustor and everything, and I'm using it this way. I have a
Shure SC35C with SS78E for 78s, while for microgrooves I'm using either the
standard Stanton 500 or an Ortofon OMB 5E.

Iñigo Cubillo