[78-L] Garage Sale Find - Disc New York 12" 78 rpm Record

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Mon May 18 14:18:38 PDT 2009

Merçi beaucoup! Bertrand!

Iñigo Cubillo
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bertrand CHAUMELLE" <chaumelle at orange.fr>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Garage Sale Find - Disc New York 12" 78 rpm Record

Inigo,

Blue Star was Eddie Barclay's first jazz label.

The M3 numbers mean that your record was pressed in October 1948.

The PART prefix means "Particulier" i.e. outside job, not part of the
I.M.E. Pathé-Marconi group (forget EMI and Marconiphone, it's not
relevant).

Later PART was replaced by BARC for recordings that came from the
Barclay group of labels.

"Broadway" was a store on the sunny side of the Champs-Elysées, selling
luxury luggage and record players (they were the first to introduce
16rpm players and records in France).

BC