[78-L] Garage Sale Find - Disc New York 12" 78 rpm Record

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Mon May 18 07:43:04 PDT 2009

Disc put out a good number of Trad Jazz albums on 10".Among otheres  there
were Muggsy Spanier Disc( 3), Stella Brooks D-620 (3); Doc Evans Dixieland
Five Disc 715 (3), Baby Dodds (Drum Solos) Disc 709,(2) Joe Sullivan Disc
701(3) and many others.
Disc entered the lists along with other labels featuring "trad" jazz. i.e.
Circle: (Tony Parente), Bluenote :(Art Hodes,Ike Quebec, Albert Ammons,Meade
Lux Lewis, James P. Johnson,Sidney Bechet, Edmond Hall etc.), Commodore,
(Eddie Edwards, B. Goodman Sextet,George Brunis, Eddie Condon, Wild Bill
Davis)   Manhattan (Pee Wee Rusell),   Melrose (Bobby Hackett),   Musicraft
(Teddy Wilson well mebbe not so "trad")
Just a sampler.

Al Simmons