[78-L] Garage Sale Find - Disc New York 12" 78 rpm Record

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Mon May 18 02:11:51 PDT 2009

Here is a summary of the JATP/Norman Granz releases on Asch/Stinson, Disc:

some released in the UK on MELODISC
reissued on 78rpm by CLEF, MERCURY

ASCH/STINSON 453  JAZZ AT THE PHILHARMONIC Volume 1      3-12"
453-1  How High The Moon  Part 1 & 2
453-2  How High The Moon  Part 3
453-2  Lady Be Good       Part 1
453-3  Lady Be Good       Part 2 & 3

STINSON 999  JAZZ AT THE PHILHARMONIC Volume 1           3-10"
999-1  How High The moon  Part I & II
999-2  How High the Moon  Part 3 / Lady Be Good  Part 1
999-3  Lady Be Good       Part 2 & 3

DISC 501  JAZZ AT THE PHILHARMONIC VOL 2                 2-12"
2001   Blues for Norman    Part 1 & 2
2002   I Can't Get Started Part 1 & 2

DISC 502  BOOGIE WOOGIE AT THE PHILHARMONIC              2-10"
piano solos by Meade Lux Lewis
6020  Fast Boogie / Medium Boogie
6021  Slow Boogie / Honk Tonk Train

DISC 503  JAZZ AT THE PHILHARMONIC, Vol.3                2-12"
2003  Crazy Rhythm
2004  Sweet Georgia Brown
2005  Lady Be Good Part 1 & 2

DISC 504  JAZZ AT THE PHILHARMONIC, Vol.4                3-10"
6024  Blues            Part 1 and 2
6025  Blues  Part 3 / Lester Leaps In  Part 1
6026  Lester Leaps In  Part and 3

DISC 505   OPERA IN VOUT (groove-Juice Symphony)         2-10"
Slim Gaillard, Bam Brown
6022  Introduzione-Pianissimo (Softly, Most Softly)   [Hit that jive, Jack]
      Recitativo e Finale (Of Much Scat)              [Flat foot floogie]
6023  Andante Cantabile in Modo de Blues              [C jam blues]
      Presto con Stomp (With a Floy Floy)

DISC 506  KING COLE QUINTET                              2-12"
2010  Heads / It Had To Be You
2011  Pro-Sky / I Can't Give You Anything But Love

DISC 507  JAZZ AT THE PHILHARMONIC, Vol.5               3-10"
6027  Rosetta        Parts 1&2
6028  Body and Soul  Parts 1&2
6029  Body and Soul  Parts 3&4

DISC 2005  Lady Be Good    Part I & II                  1-12"

DISC 5100  After You've Gone  part 1 & 2