[78-L] "Selling Sounds" reviewed [FWD]

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat May 16 18:53:26 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Harkin" <harkinmike at yahoo.com>
> I've often wondered why Amazon Marketplace sellers offer new CD's for less
> than used ones.  Not everybody, of course, but enough to make you stop and
> think for a second....

Probably the same reason I own about 55,050 USED 78rpm phonorecords!
Anyway, buyers of "used" CD's are often looking for those long since out of
print or otherwise UNavailable "new"...?! Current CD's can be purchased
just about EVERYWHERE...while no-longer-current ones require a bit
of searching...and quite possibly the outlay of MORE money once found!

I dunno if CD's have been around long enough to have formed a long list
of "Discs so bad that NOBODY wants'em...or if they do, they already
own a copy!" Something like 78's of "Doggie In the Window"...?!

...stevenc