[78-L] Presto cutter

umashankar umashanks at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 18:13:37 PDT 2009

there was a machine called tefichord, which recorded by cutting on film. arnold bake, dutch ethnomusicologist, recorded several hundred hours of indian music. it sounds better than cylinders, and on an loop made from about three meters of film, record fairly long takes as well.

umashankar
 i have published my poems. you can read (or buy) at http://stores.lulu.com/umashankar