[78-L] Presto cutter

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Sat May 16 15:12:45 PDT 2009

On Nov. 7, 1940 Jack Towers recorded an entire dance (four sets) by Duke
Ellington and His Orchestra at the Crystal Ballroom in Fargo North Dakota.
He used a Presto-Y portable recorder and 16 inch aluminimum based acetates.
Three mikes were employed.
There were two mike inputs on the Presto plus a pre-amp input that was
plugged into an additional "remote" input on the Presto.
The dance is available on CD.

Al Simmons