[78-L] Apex 662

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat May 16 09:40:57 PDT 2009

Well, that's the first time I've seen reference to it as anything other than
the "Sherwin Williams Orchestra". Per Rust, Jenkins Orchestrians is a pseudonym
on Canadian Apex and related labels for Nathan Glantz..who made almost as many
records as Selvin (or so it looks) and on quick perusal, I don't see that
matrix number or anything close to it but a Google search identifies it as a
1924 recording. (No, I don't see it under Glantz in 1924.) A bit more digging
is necessary.

Do you see anything else that looks like a matrix number? Sometimes they're
scratched very faintly.

dl