[78-L] cleaning and digitizing 78s Taiwan?

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed May 13 19:59:07 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "I. Cubillo" <i.cubillo at telefonica.net>
> In Spain there are also meny cheapo'stores carried by chinese people
> (light
> bulbs, pens, keyrings, a bit of kitchenware, a bit of tools, a bit of
> DVDs,
> toys, houseware and the like). I've been always tempted to ask if they can
> contact someone in China to export gramphone needles and chinese 78s...
> but
> I've been always too shy to ask for something *so strange*...

Yup...they ABOUND in North America...though it is the GOODS and not
the proprietors that come from China (there are MANY Chinese people in
Canada...but they are looking for better work than running "dollar
stores"...
even though a lot run Chinese restaurants, where I often eat!!).

I don't know if "gramophone needles" are being manufactured in China
these days...nor do I know if any North American entrepreneurs are
importing "antiques" from China (including 78's...?!)? However, I would
guess that if/when folks in China discover that vintage records can be
sold, we will thereafter see "The Peoples' Antique Gramophone Record
Emporium & Export Facility" open for business!

And. if this is run like the various computer-related businesses I know of,
we will get about 25-50 spam messages concerning it...?!

...stevenc