[78-L] Winnie-the-Who?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 11 09:09:25 PDT 2009

Darrell Lehman wrote:
> Anybody know if Winston Churchill was recorded on disc?  I know Edward
> R. Murrow had a set that might have included him but I can't finds mine
> so.....  Anybody aware of anything else?
>
> thanks, DL (not to be confused with, or representative of, dl)

Aside from a few dozen HMV 78s of his speeches and a 13-LP set on English Decca
(allowing for the possibility that the radio broadcasts were actually voiced by
  Norman Shelley*), no I don't know of any....

* Norman Shelley also recorded the Winnie the Pooh stories for Argo. Odd that
this connection should come up!