[78-L] What WILL they think of next? Hey, I know..78s

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 9 11:12:20 PDT 2009

-------Original Message-------

From: Steven C. Barr
Date: 5/8/2009 11:58:09 PM
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: Re: [78-L] What WILL they think of next? Hey, I know..78s

----- Original Message -----
From: "I. Cubillo" <i.cubillo at telefonica.net>
> Here in Spain more or less it's happening the same. Never vinyl has
> dissapeared completely... They've been regularly issuing vinyl for such
> music as independent groups, small editors, and the like.

So...why doesn't someone set up a SHELLAC pressing facility...?!

To me, 10" 78rpm vinyl phonorecords DO not...and CAN not...qualify
as "78's!" In fact, I own a 10" vinyl phonorecord cut at 78rpm...which
is STEREO...from 1968; the other phonorecord in the related set is
supposed to be QUADRAPHONIC (dunno if this is/was ALSO
cut at 78rpm...?!)

FEH!!

...stevenc

As for me, it's bee's wax or nothing!