[78-L] Movie anachronisms

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu May 7 21:35:59 PDT 2009

There are endless such examples,  not even counting all the late 40s -50s
musicals set in the 20s,  with 50s arrangements for the music, e.g. Love Me
or Leave Me,  Tea For Two,  Lullaby of Broadway,  etc  hey,  those are all
Doris Day!  Also Good News,  Singin' in the Rain, etc. etc.

It bothered me the first time I saw Love Me or Leave Me that it didn't sound
"20s" but watching it again after some years I just enjoyed it as a fine
movie...and with good music.  And I am one of those who thinks that Singin'
in the Rain is pretty close to perfect in every department.

Taylor