[78-L] Jimmy O'Flynn

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 7 16:16:21 PDT 2009

Anyone ever hear of a child performer who apparently was quite the phenomenon
in Rochester NY in the early 50s, Jimmy O'Flynn?
http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!BPUftl!B2k~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLmfBoYBJz!0fYlFQ~~_1.JPG

That's him on the cover of the local TV magazine..I found a 78 by him the other
day, made by the Kendall Recording Corporation, Rochester NY in 1951. "The
Night Before Christmas" (wecitation) and "Don't Wait 'Til the Night Before
Christmas" (vocal wefwain). I figured it was something made by a local disc
jockey.

Then I played it.

Not as awful as Michael Jackson's "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santy Claus", but
getting there. (This little brat is probably my age by now, if he was 6 then. I
sang much better.)