[78-L] Shortest title

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed May 6 19:38:40 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Matter of fact, cummings may have made 78s..I'll have to check those
> Library of
> Congress poetry sets.
> Also, it seems to me that Pee Wee Hunt's version of "O" may have had it in
> quotation marks..anyone confirm?
> Al Hibbler's "He" would be as strong a second-place contender as "Me",
> getting
> back to Ray's original posting.

There is a TECHNICALLY correct answer to this quesrion!

In 1951 or so, Don Cornell released (on Coral IIRC?) a tune simply titled
"I"...!
Since Coral used a sans-serif font for titles, the title was about .1"
long...?!

The only possible tie would be the title "!" (if such a tune ever
existed?!)...!

...stevenc