[78-L] Laughing Record question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed May 6 14:10:31 PDT 2009

Aside from "Meet the Staff of MAD" (which was a 33rpm cardboard insert, but
made when 78s still hadn't disappeared) there's Spike Jones' "JONES LAUGHING
RECORD" among later ones, plus Rudy Vallee's "THE DRUNKARD SONG".

I mentioned a while ago that the OKeh disc was issued by Apex, acoustically
dubbed (!) and not credited to OKeh..wonder if this was before they had the
Canadian rights to the label?

dl