[78-L] Laughing Record question

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed May 6 13:43:26 PDT 2009

We've discussed these numerous times here but I don't think any
discography listing resulted.  Note that the label site I referenced
last week has a picture of a late-20s pressing of the OKeh Laughing
Record, black label, laminated pressing, with the European matrix number
visible under the label.  I've told the story that when Columbia/OKeh
reissued it as a 45, the H. Royer Smith record store in Phila eventually
bought up the entire warehouse stock so that the company could delete
the record from the catalog.  Stupidly I never got around to buying one.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: krabgrass at aol.com