[78-L] What is a...?

Peter Fraissinet pf13 at cornell.edu
Wed May 6 13:31:34 PDT 2009

What Is A Home Without Babies / Charlie Poole with the North Carolina
Ramblers / epon. / JSP JSP-7734D [from Columbia 15307-D]
What Is A Home Without Love / Monroe Brothers / Feast Here Tonight /
RCA AXM2-5510 [LP]
What Is A Home Without Love / Loman D. Cansler / Folksongs of
Missouri / Folkways FH-5324 [LP]
What Is A Home Without Love / Nevada Slim / Sings Old Time Country
Songs / Rural Rhythm RRNS-181 [LP]
What Is A Mother's Love / Lonnie Glosson and His Railroad Playboys /
Mercury 6057 [78]
What Is A Pacifist? / U. Utah Phillips / I've Got To Know / Alcazar 114
What Is An Album / Blind Boys / Best of the Blind Boys / MCA MCAD-22047
What Is An American / Minnie Pearl / The Man Behind The Wheel /
Starday SLP-404 [LP]

At 04:20 PM 5/6/2009, you wrote:
>I am trying to research the various "what is a..." songs.  And I'm not
>getting very far.  I know there was the original "What is a boy?"/ What is a
>girl?" pairing by Arthur Godfrey...
>
>I have "What is a Freem?"  by Steve Allen
>I have What is a Teenage Boy" / "What Is a Teenage Girl?" by Tommy Edwards
>I have "What is a Fisteris" by The Joker
>
>Can anyone here think of any others?
>
>Yes, thanks very much, I DO have too much time on my hands!
>
>Andrea

Peter Fraissinet
Bailey Hortorium Library
Dept. of Plant Biology